If a fire broke out in your building today, can you depend on your commercial sprinkler system to activate and control the fire? Most of the time, your sprinkler system will do what it was made to do – but there is a small chance it won’t. Luckily, there are several things you can do to increase its dependability and effectiveness. As the trusted name in commercial sprinkler maintenance for Columbus and the surrounding areas, we’ve put together some tips to consider.
- Sprinkler systems must to be inspected and tested by a qualified commercial sprinkler maintenance contractor like Hard Fire each year. This annual process includes inspection and maintenance of the sprinkler heads, riser pipe, valves, fire pump and more. If your sprinkler system includes an anti-freeze loop or dry pipe valve, then these also need to be checked annually.
- Ohio and national code standards require preventive maintenance. Sign up for our preventive maintenance program to certify these requirements are met. Life safety systems are only as strong as their weakest parts. Having preventive commercial sprinkler maintenance performed will help ensure these systems work properly when they are needed.
- If you are a landlord, it is important to contact our commercial sprinkler maintenance contractor any time there is a switch in tenants. We can evaluate your system to make sure it is adequately designed to meet the needs of your new tenant. Sprinkler systems are not one-size-fits-all. For example, a building originally built as an office space will require different commercial sprinkler maintenance for storage.
- It is also important to contact your sprinkler contractor any time a sprinkler head is damaged. Damaged sprinklers have a tendency to not activate when they need to, or activate at an improper time, which can cause a large amount of water damage.
- Make sure that you never paint over the sprinkler system. Sprinkler systems are not the most decorative things in your restaurant or business, and they really aren’t meant to be. They are meant to be functional. Also, Don’t hang things from the sprinkler system. Sometimes it seems really convenient to use your fire suppression sprinklers as mounting anchors. However, these systems are not designed to hold any sort of weight.
And, these are just some commercial sprinkler maintenance tips to consider. Ready to learn more? Give us a call at Hard Fire. Our service technicians are well versed in the inspection, maintenance and servicing of all types of fire suppression systems. We can customize a preventive maintenance program that provides you with a single source for all of your life safety systems. A service representative will meet with you, tour your facility, and develop a service agreement to ensure your life safety systems are tested, inspected, and maintained to keep them operating at peak performance.
For more information on our commercial sprinkler maintenance in Columbus and the surrounding areas, give us a call at (800) 848-1301 or contact us.