In this day and age, it is more important than ever to make sure your workplace stays safe from the threat of a fire. Not only is the health and well-being of your business’ occupants at stake, but so are your business assets. So what are some of the best ways to keep your workplace safe? Hard Fire specializes in designing and installing commercial fire alarms in Cleveland, and we have a few suggestions for you on how to help keep your workplace safe from a fire.
- Make sure your employees know that the only place they should prepare hot food is in the designated kitchen area. Toasters, microwaves, coffee pots and other appliances that can heat up food and liquids should only be used in the kitchen. They should never be used in anyone’s office area or in another part of the building that is not a designated food preparation area.
- You should not allow your employees to use space heaters. Not only is this illegal in some parts, but it is also a huge fire hazard. While commercial fire alarms will alert your employees that there is a fire, you can help nip the need for this in the bud if you do not permit anyone to use space heaters.
- Along the same line, all smokers should be asked to smoke outside of the building, preferably several feet away from the building, if not farther. That way, if someone does not put out their cigarette completely or if there is a lit ember that blows off, there is less of a chance that it will ignite and start a fire.
- If you allow your employees to use power strips for their electronics, make sure that they know not to overload the power strips. An overloaded power strip is a pretty common cause of commercial building fires. Your employees should also check to make sure that the cords and wires that plug into electronics and appliances are not damaged or frayed. If anyone finds a damaged cord, they should unplug the device immediately and ask for a new one.
- Make sure all trash is put into the proper area of your building, like out near a dumpster. Do not allow trash, paper and other materials to gather and clutter hallways and offices.
Do you need more information about commercial fire alarms in Cleveland? Call Hard Fire at 800-848-1301 or 614-882-2990 or you can Contact Us.