In the event of a fire in your place of business, you will want a system in place that will both eliminate the fire and not perform catastrophic damage to your equipment and products. Smoke damage is bad enough, but water damage from sprinkler systems or fire hoses can effectively destroy the computers, cause loss of irreplaceable data and the goods you sell as efficiently as any fire can. You should consider a clean agent fire suppression system for your Akron area business.
- NOVEC 1230—3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid is a people safe sustainable HFC alternative that works quickly, cleanly and efficiently to help stop a fire before it starts. Designed for use as a gaseous fire suppression agent is used particularly in situations where a sprinkler would damage expensive equipment or where water-based suppression would not be beneficial.
- FM200—Also known as 1,1,1,2,3,3,3-Heptafluoropropane, is a colorless and odorless people safe halocarbon used as a gaseous fire suppression agent. This suppression type is used most frequently in data processing and telecommunications facilities.
- Water Mist—Used in place of standard sprinkler systems and a small fraction of water, uses fine spray droplets to control, suppress or extinguish fires by cooling the flame and surrounding gases (evaporation), assuaging radiant heat by the small droplets.
- Foam—Cools the fires and coats the source of it, preventing its overall contact with oxygen, resulting in faster and more efficient suppression of the combustion.
- CO2—Carbon dioxide, used in non-occupied industrial spaces and in local application machinery protection. CO2 reduces the amount of oxygen available to feed the fire.
- Inert Agent Systems—chemically inert, elements found in the air we breathe, these agents “remix” the air to create an atmosphere where fire cannot exist. Used in spaces where chemical reaction could present a life safety hazard.
Hard Fire supplies these special hazard fire suppression systems to businesses looking to protect your most valuable human assets and mission critical portions of your company. There are many benefits and perks to a clean agent fire suppression system, chiefly, much less or no damage to your equipment, people and products following a fire, this also vastly reduces downtime and returning to production quickly, saving jobs. Hard Fire’s fire suppression system services include:
- Testing & Inspection of Your Fire Suppression System
- Extensive Agent and Parts Stocking
- Rapid Recharge Service
- Parts and Equipment Replacement
- Equipment Repair
- 24/7 Emergency Service
Are you interested in learning more about clean agent fire suppression in Akron or the surrounding areas? Call Hard Fire at 1-800-848-1301 or 614-882-2990 or you can Contact Us.
Clean agent fire suppression systems offer our clients the ability to protect their assets when a fire breaks out but without having to worry about water damage as a result. We specialize in fire protection systems in Cincinnati and throughout the surrounding areas, and here are a few reasons we recommend a clean agent system.
For starters: what is a “clean agent”? It is an extinguishing agent that will not leave a residue after it evaporates. Some examples of a clean agent include FM200 and Novec 1230. These extinguishing agents offer plenty of other benefits too.
These types of fire protection systems will go off as soon as it detects a fire, and the suppression agent is quickly and evenly disbursed throughout the entire room. This results in the blaze being put out before it has had time to completely engulf the room and cause injuries, damage or worse.
After the clean agent has been activated and the fire is out, the clean agent does not leave a residue and is not harmful to the environment or human beings. This makes it a great choice for those who are worried about any sort of environmental impact of the fire protection system they end up having installed in their commercial property.
If the room you are trying to protect has sensitive equipment or other items in it, like computer servers or artwork, then a clean agent fire suppression system is pretty much the only choice when it comes to fire protection. The clean agent will not harm the equipment or artwork, and you will not have to worry about your fire suppression system causing any damage to your expensive computers or priceless artwork or artifacts.
Finally, these types of fire protection systems do not generally take up as much space as C02 or inert gas systems because the cylinders used to store the clean agent are smaller. This is good news for those with limited or restricted areas or rooms. You can still get one of the best types of fire protection systems on the market without sacrificing too much space.
These are just a handful of reasons to look into fire protection systems like a clean agent fire suppression system. Contact us and we’ll tell you even more.
Are you interested in learning more about fire protection systems in Cincinnati or the surrounding areas? Call Hard Fire at 1-800-848-1301 or 614-882-2990 or you can Contact Us.
Commercial fire alarms in Cleveland businesses are invaluable for the safety of your building’s occupants and assets. When the alarm sounds, the occupants will know it is time to quickly evacuate the building because a fire has been detected. Here are several other good reasons you should look into commercial fire alarms for your business or commercial property.
- As previously mentioned, commercial fire alarms sound the warning that a fire has been detected and everyone needs to evacuate immediately. Other components of the system make it easier for the occupants to evacuate, like strobe lights and exit signs. Those lights and signs mean the exits out of the building are easier to see, especially if your building loses power for some reason.
- Commercial fire alarms are also known to help mitigate the damage that can be caused by fires. The sooner a fire is detected, the sooner your notification system can alert the proper emergency personnel to come and extinguish the blaze.
- Not to mention, commercial fire alarms are mandatory in most commercial properties. Local codes and regulations vary depending on where you live, how many occupants your building has, if there is a sprinkler system in the building and what kind of building you have. Experts like the ones at Hard Fire know these codes and regulations inside and out, and we stay up to date on them. We can guide you in the right direction when you come to us to learn more about our commercial fire alarms and our other fire protection services.
- Finally, it is impossible to put a price on the safety and well-being of your building’s occupants. Most commercial fire alarms are reasonably priced and well within almost all budgets. You get the peace of mind you deserve knowing your building’s occupants will be properly notified to evacuate if and when a fire is ever detected. That peace of mind is priceless.
These are just a handful of the many reasons commercial fire alarms are such a great idea for commercial properties of all types and sizes. When you contact us to learn more, we can tell you even more about these systems and the ways they will benefit you.
Would you like more information on commercial fire alarms in Cleveland or any of the surrounding areas? Call us at Hard Fire at 1-800-848-1301 or 614-882-2990 or you can Contact Us.
If you’re new to the fire suppression and fire protection world, you might be doing some research on how to safely and effectively suppress a fire after it begins. Maybe you are having a commercial property built and need to get a clean fire suppression system installed, or maybe you are just curious about what clean agent fire suppression means. Cincinnati business owners know they can come to us with any questions they have about this topic, so here are a few of the key benefits you will enjoy with this type of fire suppression system and a few facts about them.
First off: what is a clean agent and why do we use it?
A “clean agent” is when inert gases and chemical agents are used to suppress or extinguish a fire. They are regulated by the government, and the chemical agents will not leave a residue after they evaporate. We use a clean agent fire suppression system in rooms or buildings that have sensitive equipment that would be damaged or destroyed by water.
Some examples of this type of equipment include computers, servers, telephones, data storage equipment, antiques, art, artifacts and items along those lines. If there is a good chance that water would cause as much harm (or more) as the fire itself, then we will use a clean agent fire suppression system.
There are several different types on the market today, but some of the most popular and well-known include FM200 and Novec 1230.
Clean agent fire suppression systems are incredibly quick and can reach extinguishing levels in just a few seconds. They will control the fire before it has a chance to spread to any other room or area of your commercial property, and they are non-conductive and non-corrosive.
As mentioned, you will not have to worry that sensitive equipment or irreplaceable items will be damaged or destroyed by the clean agent. The best part is these clean agents are totally safe to use around human beings, and you will not have to worry about any negative health side effects as a result. Not only that, they are also Earth-friendly and will not harm the environment.
After the clean agent is released and does its job, it simply evaporates into the air, so you will not have to worry about hiring an expensive cleaning company to clean up any left-behind residue.
Would you like to learn more about a clean agent fire suppression system in Cincinnati? Call Hard Fire at 1-800-848-1301 or 614-882-2990 or Contact Us.
Fire alarms are one of the most misunderstood parts of a fire protection system. They serve one main purpose: to alert you and the other occupants in your building that a fire has been detected and you need to evacuate as quickly as possible. Fire alarms can come with an audio alert, like a loud beeping noise or a voice that gives instructions on what to do, or they can come with a visual alert, like bright flashing strobe lights, or both. We install, service and inspect fire alarms for Cleveland businesses, so we thought we would clear up some of the most common misconceptions about these life-saving devices.
Myth: All I need are a few fire alarms and my building will be protected from a fire.
Truth: While fire alarms are an important component of a good fire protection system, they are not the only component. You should also have a fire suppression system installed. The type you get depends on your business and the equipment you use. You should also have a 24/7 monitoring system in place as well.
Myth: I’ll smell smoke, so there is no need for my commercial property to have a fire alarm system installed.
Truth: Sometimes, depending on where the fire starts and how quickly it burns, you and your commercial property’s other occupants may never smell or see the fire. That is why fire alarms are so crucial. When they detect smoke, they will sound the alarm. They give everyone time to safely evacuate before the fire spreads and causes injuries, damage or worse.
Most insurance companies will not insure your building if you do not have a working fire protection system installed.
Myth: I do not need to have my fire alarms or fire protection system inspected.
Truth: Actually, regular inspections are required by many different building codes and regulations. You should have these inspections done by a professional service like Hard Fire to make sure everything is working as it should be in case the worst happens and a fire breaks out.
These are just a few examples of some of the most common misconceptions about fire alarms, their purpose and why they are so important. If you have any further questions about them, please don’t hesitate to ask us.
Do you want to learn more about fire alarms in Cleveland? Call Hard Fire at 800-848-1301 or 614-882-2990, or you can Contact Us.